Wedding Photographers in Cleveland
Information and FAQ
Information and FAQ
- What photography services do you offer? I focus mainly on photographing weddings but also photograph seniors, families, children and headshots. I recently added the Mirror Me Photo Booth for weddings and special events!
We are trying to decide on a photographer but it's so hard, how do we decide?There are many brides who just aren't into photography that much, or have pawned the wedding planning off to mom. There are even some brides who don't want to take any advice and just want things a certain way. These brides aren't who we usually work with. We love working with couples who are fun, cherish memories, want great photography, and love the fact that they got to celebrate such an important day in their lives with the people they love.
- My friend or Uncle has a "nice" camera, why don't I just use them? Sure, you could do that. Does your friend/Uncle know how to shoot under any lighting conditions? Does she or he have a fast lens? What focal length does She or He usually choose for full length portraits? How's her off camera flash technique? Does she or he own a flash? What if her or his camera breaks, do they have back ups? Unless she or he has the skills, gear, and a few weddings under her or his belt, I'm going to strongly recommend a pro for this once in a lifetime event.
- We live out of town but would love more information and would love to meet with you, can we? I have a studio to meet when you are in town or
I am constantly meeting with people over Facetime, Skype, and many times just a simple phone call. Half of my weddings are for people that do not even live in NEO.
- How will we view our images? I edit weddings generally in 30 days or less, depends on the time of the year. I post social media teasers a few days afterwards. After I am done editing, I will send you a link to your online gallery for sharing and ordering.
- Do you offer high resolution files? Yes, I do.
- Do you have a second shooter? Yes, for most collections. The professional second photographer does everything from photographing to assisting with off camera lighting and more. It is good to see your ceremony from different angles. I have back up equipment as well as my second shooter. It is good to know they are professionals as well, they are not learning or shadowing.
- What does each collection include? Each collection varies but All include engagement sessions, online gallery, a large canvas or acrylic print, sneak peaks within a few days after the event, and two professional photographers for the top two collections. A typical collection starts at $2500. please call or email your request, collections can be customizable too, just ask! Call or email for a small more intimate wedding or elopement, collections start at $600-$800!
- Do you travel to shoot a wedding? Absolutely! I mainly photograph in Ohio, but will travel anywhere for a wedding. Traveling and Weddings are my two favs!
- How do we book and what are your payment terms? In order to secure your wedding date, I require a non-refundable retainer of $500, with the balance due one month prior to your wedding date. We accept cash, check, debit and credit cards. Please email or call!
- How do you consider your style of photography? I use to work at the Tampa Tribune, so I have a newspaper background....I am photojournalistic all the way, with a tad bit of traditional and romantic.
- Have your weddings been published? Yes, here are some links.
- Do you offer wedding books? Yes! I design and create your album with high standards to ensure your memories will be preserved for generations to come. Your album will be in a form of a modern book, where the images are printed directly on thick pages. You pick your own cover to tailor your personality.
- Do you offer engagement sessions? Yes. I strongly encourage having an engagement session. They are included in all collections. This is the time when we learn how to work with each other, to see how the photographer gives directions, learn about tips and tricks on what makes a better photograph. Think of it as a rehearsal before your wedding day portraits. In the end, you get beautiful casual images of you and your fiancé. The images can be used for “save the date” cards, wedding invitations, guest signature book, wedding website, or simply print and hang the artwork in your home. Engagement sessions include a canvas as well.
- Do you have a studio space? Yes! 1009 Bridge Street Ashtabula, Ohio 44004 above Bridge Street Art Works in the Historic Ashtabula Harbor. When you come visit me make sure you make time to visit all of our shops and restaurants!
- Can you hold the date for me? We cannot hold the date or pencil you in. To be fair to everyone we cannot hold the date without the deposit and a signed contract. We accept bookings on a first come/first serve basis.
- Do you retouch my images? Orders are retouched and enhanced. Though I do post retouched social media sneak peaks and I will add those to your gallery. I do edit everything as in create it to be BXW, vintage, bright, filmy and moody, cropping and culling. Retouching things like eyes and teeth whiter, skin smoother, distracting items removed, head swapping, can be requested. But fyi, I always throw in some artistic flair pieces into the gallery just because I LOVE photoshop!
- Do you offer Payment plans? Yes I do!
PORTRAITS & MORE
My session prices are based on my cost of doing business and I am a experienced professional photographer for over 20 years, who is fully insured, a licensed business, and have been trained.
- Can I have my portraits take at the studio or on location? Yes.
- Do you retouch my images? Yes, all orders are retouched.
- Does your collections come with anything? The session fee includes my time photographing and editing, a canvas, teasers and a online gallery. Anything else can be ordered.
- How much is a session? Depending on the session and subjects, typically sessions start around $225.
- What is the process after the session? It takes 1-2 weeks to edit a session, gallery will be sent at that time for ordering. With approval, I post social media sneak peaks within two days after session, depending on season.
- Do you provide other services? Yes. I have created marketing pieces such as the brochure for the Greenway Trails and the fall sports program for Jefferson High School. I have also photographed for the ACMC Foundation's marketing material I have also facilitated social media marketing plans for the Lift Bridge Association, Coffee Creek Estates, Herb Garden B&B and currently the website for the Historic Ashtabula Harbor.
- Do you restore old picture? Yes I love to restore pictures!!
- Will you photograph for other companies for their social media and marketing material? Yes! Let's get a monthly social media plan together. I photograph for small businesses owners who need fresh imagery for their website and social media or other marketing material.
Vendors I Love
Vendors I Love
Here is a great list of individuals that I have either worked with, known for a very long time or have an appreciation by reputation. Let them know Heather sent you.